Thursday, October 18, 2012

Procrastination and Surprises

I have been doing everything in my power over the last few days, to not complete the tasks I need to for work and crafting.  Yesterday and today I killed some time by tending my garden plants in their tiny, overcrowded beds there over to the right.  (Poor planning for a first time vegetable grower.)

                                        

Yesterday, I was pleased to notice a present (of sorts) for me in the lawn.  I knew what it was from my research on mushrooms for crafting purposes, and I also knew that if my nose wasn't perpetually clogged, I should have been able to smell it from a mile away.  The legendary "stinkhorn" mushroom.  This is a real thing...and it looks like someone has been playing "hide the sausage" in a naughty place.   


(THESE ARE NOT MY PHOTOS:  I FOUND THEM ON THE GOOGLES)  Sadly, I did not have time to snap a photo myself, and when I came back today, it was gone.  I never thought I would get to experience a stinkhorn first hand, but the universe never fails to surprise me.  Next time I see one, I'll be sure to breathe through my mouth and take a picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment