Monday, January 20, 2014

Back to school

I did it.  I started school again!  That exclamation point is placed with a kind of nervous excitement, the kind that is tinged with a bit of dread and loathing.  To clarify, I like being in school. I enjoy learning, but I really dislike the mundane aspects of school work. Sitting down to type papers or write essays does not appeal to me. I look forward to the days when I'm fully licensed as a counselor and I can take short continuing education classes that interest me without homework and tests. 

Anyhooooo...it adds a layer of stress to the new year, but I know it will be over sooner than it seems. I will be going part time and continuing to work part time.  By August of this year, I'm hoping to be done and ready to start outpatient counseling with adults.  Taking more classes was a hard decision, but I realized that I will be stuck moving laterally in mental health unless I get my license.  I am looking forward to moving on to a wider variety of career options! 

Happy New Year! Let's make it a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment