Monday, April 29, 2013

Ravelry and the death of my free time.

I am proud of myself for making a "to do" list for today, and getting some items checked off that list.

Since starting to teach myself crochet, I've learned a great deal through watching videos on YouTube and checking for tips through Google.  How to Crochet - For Dummies has come in handy many times.  But in the midst of getting things done yesterday and today, I've found a new way to procrastinate in Ravelry.com.  My user name is Porkyporkerton, if anyone reading this is on there. I could spend hours browsing patterns for projects.  It seems like it has opened a new world of possibilities for community and project planning.  The site even allows you to keep track of your hooks and yarn stash!  Come check it out if you haven't already!

This is what I'll be working on first:  Waffle Dishcloth!  I've come a long way from being stuck on single crochet and simple square coasters (see pic).  I look forward to working on a granny square afghan sometime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment